Monday, May 11, 2009

Darwin's Children

OK so being Christian and taking stock in Darwin's theories might seem mutually exclusive but I say not necessarily. Take Darwin's theory on natural selection for example. You see...everyday I drive through my neighborhood and watch a particular group of children dart in front of my car completely focused on a ball...or a game of tag...or just generally focused on anything except the fact that the area they choose to play in is inhabited by 3000 lb cars. Yeah I know...yards are over-rated let's go play in the street...right? I watch kids ride their bikes directly at my car on the wrong side of the road like I'm supposed to move for them. One of them actually ran smack into the front of my car (which I had thankfully stopped for him). He was literally looking back over his shoulder while riding for a good 100 feet.
You know, these kids are just one tiny mis-step away of proving out Darwin's theory on natural selection by removing themselves from the gene pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment